Friday, February 19, 2016

Blog #6: I Love KC

Throughout the Prologue and Part I, we get to see how Will feels about Charleston, North Carolina. He spends quite a bit of time detailing his likes and dislikes about the city and her occupants. Soon, many of you will be leaving home and heading out on your own for the first time. What are some things you’ll miss about our community? Any specific places that hold a special meaning for you? Why?

Your entry should be thoughtful and thoroughly developed and no fewer than 250 words. As always, draft your prompt (and save a backup) on Word. Be sure to add at least one relevant image of our community or an image that represents our community to support your post. 

There are many things that I will miss about this wonderful community. I will miss the wonderful people who make this community so amazing. Everyday, I wake up in the morning and get to come to the best high school in the country filled with many of my close friends and awesome faculty. I will miss being right outside of downtown Kansas City. There are so many fun things to do in the Kansas City area: Royals and Chiefs games, concerts, water parks, amusement parks, great food, the Plaza, Town Center, The Legends, Sporting KC games, and more. Additionally, I live close to the country too where there are parks, gravel roads, and ponds to fish at. This community has everything that I find entertaining. My neighborhood holds a special meaning to me since I have lived there for 17 years of my life (I lived in Kansas City, Kansas when I was 1) and it is all I have ever known. I will miss all of the neighborhood parties we have every year, exploring the woods in my backyard, walking to Loch Lloyd, going to the pool everyday over the summer, hanging out with all of my friends in the neighborhood, going on runs in it, playing basketball a few times a week with my friends, and mostly the tight-knit community it has become. It is not too big, so almost everybody knows everybody. Going off to college is going to be fun and exciting, but I will definitely miss my community and look forward to coming back to visit it when I can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment